Raspberry pi 3 is a development board in the PI series. It can be considered as a single-board computer that works on a LINUX operating system. The board not only has tons of features it also has terrific processing speed making it suitable for advanced applications. PI board is specifically designed for hobbyists and engineers who are interested in LINUX systems and IoT (Internet of Things).
Note that Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ is the final revision in the Raspberry Pi 3 range.
- Broadcom BCM2837B0, Cortex-A53 (ARMv8) 64-bit SoC @ 1.4GHz
- 1GB LPDDR2 SDRAM
- 2.4GHz and 5GHz IEEE 802.11.b/g/n/ac wireless LAN, Bluetooth 4.2, BLE
- Gigabit Ethernet over USB 2.0 (maximum throughput of 300 Mbps)
- The extended 40-pin GPIO header
- Full-size HDMI
- 4 USB 2.0 ports
- CSI camera port for connecting a Raspberry Pi camera
- DSI display port for connecting a Raspberry Pi touchscreen display
- 4-pole stereo output and composite video port
- Micro SD port for loading your operating system and storing data
- 5V/2.5A DC power input
- Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) support (requires separate PoE HAT)
1xRaspberry Pi 3 Model B+