The Arduino Ethernet Shield allows an Arduino board to connect to the internet. It is based on the Wiznet W5100 ethernet chip. The Wiznet W5100 provides a network (IP) stack capable of both TCP and UDP. The Ethernet W5100 Shield Network Expansion Board w/ Micro SD Card Slot supports up to four simultaneous socket connections.
- Requires an Arduino board (not included)Operating voltage 5V (supplied from the Arduino Board)
- Ethernet Controller: W5100 with internal 16K buffer
- Connection speed: 10/100Mb
- Connection with Arduino on SPI port
- Based on the W5100Based on the Wiznet W5100 allows an Arduino board to connect to the internet.
- Stackable Design, can directly be supported by for Arduino’s official Ethernet Library.
- Supports up to four simultaneous socket connections
- Can be used to store files for serving over the network.
- Compatible with the for Arduino Duemilanove (168 or 328), Uno as well as Mega (1280/2560).
- Can be accessed using the Mini SD TF library.
- The current shield has a Power over Ethernet (PoE) module designed to extract power from a conventional twisted-pair Category 5 Ethernet cable.
- IEEE802.3af compliant
- Low output ripple and noise (100mVpp)
- Overload and short-circuit protection
- 1500V isolation (input to output)
1x ethernet W5100 Shield Network Expansion Board