XBee module is a small RF (radio frequency) device that transmits and receives data over the air using radio signals. Wireless capability is essential whenever you want to place sensors where no cables can be installed, or where such tethering is undesirable.
XBee devices are highly configurable and support multiple protocols, which lets you choose the right technology for your application—whether you want to set up a pair of radios to swap data or design a large mesh network with multiple devices.
Here are some of the ways you can use XBee devices:
- Controlling a robot remotely or creating wearable electronics for people, pets or wildlife, without hindering movement.
- Making a building smarter and more responsive to human interaction.
- Using XBee technology in industrial solutions. For example, XBee devices are used as sensors to monitor industrial tanks for liquid levels, temperature, and pressure, and to monitor and control complex machines such as wind turbines.
XBEE Pro® 63mW Wire Antenna S2C embedded RF modules provide wireless connectivity to end-point devices in ZigBee mesh networks. Utilizing the ZigBee PRO Feature Set, these modules are interoperable with other ZigBee devices, including devices from other vendors. With the XBee, users can have their ZigBee network up-and-running in a matter of minutes without configuration or additional development.
The XBEE Pro® 63mW Wire Antenna S2C modules are compatible with other devices that use XBee ZB technology. These include ConnectPortX gateways, XBee and XBee-PRO Adapters, Wall Routers, XBee Sensors, and other products with the ZB name.
- Indoor/Urban Range: Up to 300 ft. (90 m)
- Outdoor RF line-of-sight Range: Up to 2 miles (3200 m)
- Transmit Power Output(maximum): 63mW (+18 dBm)
- RF Data Rate: 250,000 b/s
- Receiver Sensitivity: -101 dBm
- Adjustable Power: Yes
- Supply Voltage: 2.7 – 3.6 V
- Operating Current (Transmit): 120mA @ +3.3 V, +18 dBm
- Operating Current (Receive): 31mA
- Power-down Current: < 1 μA @ 25°C
- Operating Frequency Band: ISM 2.4 – 2.5 GHz
- Form Factor: Through-Hole
- Dimensions: .960 x 1.297 in (2.438 x 3.294 cm)
- Operating Temperature: -40 to 85°C (industrial)
- Antenna Option: Integrated wire antenna
- Interface Options: UART & SPI
1 x XBee Pro 63mW Wire Antenna S2C (Zigbee Mesh)