This is a simple-to-use liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) sensor, suitable for sensing LPG (composed of mostly propane and butane) concentrations in the air. The MQ-6 can detect gas concentrations anywhere from 200 to 10000ppm.
This sensor has high sensitivity and fast response time. The sensor’s output is an analog resistance. The drive circuit is very simple; all you need to do is power the heater coil with 5V, add a load resistance, and connect the output to an ADC.
This sensor comes in a package similar to our MQ-3 alcohol sensor and can be used with the breakout board below.
- High Sensitivity to LPG, iso-butane, propane
- Small sensitivity to alcohol, smoke
- Detection Range: 100 – 10,000 ppm iso-butane propane
- Fast Response Time: <10s
- Simple drive circuit
- Heater Voltage: 5.0V
- 18mm Diameter
- 17mm High excluding pins
- Pins – 6mm High
- Gas leak detection system
- Fire/Safety detection system
- Gas leak alarm
- Gas detector